2145 W Park Blvd
Plano, TX 75075
We are on the North East Corner of Park & Custer (Behind the Walgreens)
Mon - Thurs: 8:00am - 5:30pm
Closed 1:00pm - 2:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Here at Paws & Claws we are always looking to grow our practice and extend our family. At this time, we are looking for a Full-Time Veterinary Technician.
Click Here to View the Full-Time Veterinary Technician Job Posting
Our mission at Paws & Claws Animal Hospital and Holistic Pet Center is to provide an integrative approach to Veterinary Medicine. We strive to offer cutting edge services with an all-natural holistic approach by blending both Western and Eastern therapies to provide functional medicine to the pets of North Texas. We are proudly the only true holistic veterinary hospital in DFW providing alternative therapies in a balanced, whole health approach because your pet deserves the very best.
Our ultimate goal is to provide high quality veterinary care and excellent customer service to pets and their parents in a warm and personal environment. We will be a resource that pet parents can trust and turn to for honest and sincere help with their pets’ healthcare needs.
We believe that every pet is unique and that the days of just going to the veterinarian for vaccines are over. We offer natural alternatives for vaccines and drugs. Our patients thrive once these toxins are removed from their bodies.
We offer the safest, most effective and environmentally friendly care for our client’s 4-legged family members. The key to pet health care is a blend of nutrition, prevention, early detection and appropriate treatment of illness and disease.
We believe that an honest and open relationship between the veterinarian, veterinary team and pet owners is pivotal to a pet’s well-being. By providing various options for care and treatment for pets, we feel we can assist pet parents in providing the highest quality of life for their pet.
Core Job Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interfacing with clients, both in person, over the phone and via email, addressing all aspects of client care through world class customer service
- Provide animal care to domestic and exotic animals for outpatient and inpatient services
- Exam room skills: obtaining accurate patient history, taking temperature, pulse and respiratory rates, utilizing proper restraint techniques
- Computer skills including ability to type and document all required patient information and client communications accurately
- Venipuncture, IV catheter placement and maintenance
- Obtaining diagnostic radiographs
- Patient care including diagnostic procedures and treatments
- Dental prophylaxis, knowledge of dental cleaning, charting, radiography and maintenance/use of equipment
- Anesthetic monitoring, including pre-op, during procedure and post-op; intubation
- Knowledge of surgical instruments, care and sterilization procedures
- Familiar with veterinary medications, prescriptions and explanation of instructions to owners
- Ability to accurately communicate discharge orders to owners
- Laboratory skills including collection and preparation of samples for urinalysis, bloodwork, cytology and other samples
- Familiar with veterinary equipment, instruments, sterile technique and safety protocols
- Good basic medical math skills
- Able to use common veterinary medical terms and abbreviations
- Familiar with general safety protocols and use of PPE
- Work well with other team members
- Must have a can do, positive attitude
- Must be a motivated, self-starter, willing to take initiative and see job responsibilities through to completion
- Must be attentive to detail and have the ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize client needs
- Must be able to work as a part of the team or willing to take initiative with limited supervision if a manager is not readily available
For confidential consideration, please send firstname.lastname@example.org both your salary requirement and resume. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Preference given to those with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Have a question?
Complete the form below and we'll be in touch with you shortly.