2145 W Park Blvd
Plano, TX 75075
We are on the North West Corner of Park & Custer (Behind the Walgreens)
Mon - Thurs: 8:00am - 5:30pm
Closed 1:00pm - 2:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Veterinary Careers in Plano, TX
Plano, Texas, is an inclusive, diverse, and friendly community. Boasting more than 4,000 acres of parks and nature preserves and 300 days of sunshine a year, it’s the perfect home for cyclists, hikers, and families. Kids and grown-ups alike will enjoy the colorful balloon festivals. The Bob Woodruff Park and Oak Point Park & Nature preserve make up green space larger than New York City’s Central Park. Plano is also home to five recreation centers and an extensive library system. Historic downtown Plano features an arts district, and the area is home to culinary delights from all over the world. Just 17 miles north of Dallas, Plano has something for everyone.
For support staff positions, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer holistic and functional medicine and support a diverse caseload, including exotics, dermatology, oncology, and internal medicine. We enjoy treating patients who may not have been properly diagnosed or those that have received a guarded prognosis. Our unique approach allows us to offer hope even for those cases which may not have treatment options at other practices.
We have a structured, customized mentorship program and would love to welcome an experienced or new graduate. In working with us, you will enjoy a healthy work/life balance and be supported by a highly trained team.
Our mission is to improve the lives of veterinarians by providing you with comprehensive benefits:
- Generous compensation package
- Flexible schedules with no on-call duties
- Career path opportunities
- Extensive paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- CE Allowance
- AVMA, state license, and DEA registration dues
- Relocation assistance
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
DVM or Equivalent experience required.
To apply, click here.
Experienced Veterinary Assistant
Our mission at Paws & Claws Animal Hospital and Holistic Pet Center is to provide an integrative approach to Veterinary Medicine. We strive to offer cutting-edge services with an all-natural holistic approach by blending both traditional Western and holistic Eastern therapies to provide functional medicine to the pets of North Texas. We are proudly the only true holistic veterinary hospital in DFW providing alternative therapies in a balanced, whole health approach because your pet deserves the very best.
Our ultimate goal is to provide high-quality veterinary care and excellent customer service to pets and their parents in a warm and personal environment. We will be a resource that pet parents can trust and turn to for honest and sincere help with their pets’ healthcare needs.
We believe that every pet is unique and that the days of just going to the veterinarian for vaccines are over. We offer traditional medicine options as well as natural alternatives for vaccines and drugs.
We offer the safest, most effective, and environmentally friendly care for our client’s 4-legged family members. The key to pet health care is a blend of nutrition, prevention, early detection, and appropriate treatment of illness and disease.
We believe that an honest and open relationship between the veterinarian, veterinary team, and pet owners is pivotal to a pet’s well-being. By providing various options for care and treatment for pets, we feel we can assist pet parents in providing the highest quality of life for their pet.
Core Job Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interfacing with clients, both in person, over the phone, and via email, addressing all aspects of client care through world-class customer service
- Provide animal care to domestic and exotic animals for outpatient and inpatient services
- Exam room skills: obtaining accurate patient history, taking temperature, pulse, and respiratory rates, utilizing proper restraint techniques
- Computer skills including the ability to type and document all required patient information and client communications accurately
- Venipuncture, IV catheter placement, and maintenance
- Obtaining diagnostic radiographs
- Patient care including diagnostic procedures and treatments
- Dental prophylaxis, knowledge of dental cleaning, charting, radiography, and maintenance/use of equipment
- Anesthetic monitoring, including pre-op, during procedure, and post-op; intubation
- Knowledge of surgical instruments, care, and sterilization procedures
- Familiar with veterinary medications, prescriptions, and explanation of instructions to owners
- Ability to accurately communicate discharge orders to owners
- Laboratory skills including collection and preparation of samples for urinalysis, bloodwork, cytology, and other samples
- Familiar with veterinary equipment, instruments, sterile technique, and safety protocols
- Able to use common veterinary medical terms and abbreviations
- Familiar with general safety protocols and use of PPE
- Must have a can-do, positive attitude
- Must be a motivated, self-starter, willing to take initiative and see job responsibilities through to completion
- Must be attentive to detail and have the ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize client needs
- Must be able to work as a part of the team or willing to take initiative with limited supervision if a manager is not readily available
For confidential consideration, you must send both your salary requirement and resume, please. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Preference is given to those with experience.
- A waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees are eligible
Apply online by clicking here.
Have a question?
Complete the form below and we'll be in touch with you shortly.